Sunday, November 13, 2011

Beginner's Penetrix Strap-On by Pipedreams Review

I’ve always been intrigued by the idea of owning a strap-on of my very own, and I've been especially interested in the Fetish Fantasy Series line so I jumped at the chance when I noticed the Beginner’s Penetrix Strap-On by Pipedream was available. I got this strap-on for free in exchange for an honest review from Eden Fantasys, a sex shop that I trust. At this time, however, Eden Fantasys has decided that they will not be carrying this product.

The set includes a black strap-on, a black mask,  black X-shaped pasties, and double-sided tape from Medline.

The strap-on is generally intended for male/female or female/female couples for pegging or penetrative sex respectively. It’s created for beginners, or people who generally do not like excessive or girthy penetration. It’s also great for those who interested in trying out a strap-on without making a massive financial commitment. Although I can’t say that the strap-on is made of the best quality, I think it’s a good starter for those who aren’t yet sure if they like pegging or penetration. Many well-made harnesses can run upwards of $40 without including the cost of a detachable toy, and even more so for . I figure it doesn’t hurt to try an inexpensive alternative like this one in case pegging or penetrative sex just aren’t your thing.

The shape can only be described as a minimalist or abstract penis. While it does have a head, the glans are so small and unpronounced that I can’t imagine that any adult-sized male would have a glans this narrow in diameter (my apologies if I’m wrong). The dildo measures 6” in length with a circumference that very gradually widens. The head is 1” long and measures a very unintimidating 2.5.” The circumference directly below the head measures at 3.” The length of the shaft seems to narrow in 0.25” increments. It is widest at the base where it measures at about 4.5.” Another thing to note is that the dildo has almost no weight to it. I find it strange that the dildo feels hollow like a curved tube in latex, which I can only presume it is. I was actually very tempted to cut it up because I think it’s so strange that it’s hollow.

The dildo is composed of PVC and latex which cannot be sterilized. It is highly recommended that you stay away from this product if you have any type of latex allergy. Likewise, since latex cannot be sterilized, it might behoove you to use a condom. Lubricants such as silicone or water-based lubes are suitable for this toy. To clean it, use a mild-soap with water and pat dry to avoid lint collection. Always clean directly after use.

I was taken aback by how narrow tapered it was when I first received it and I was immediately disappointed since I generally like average to large sized toys, but as one of my favorite lesbians in the world has mentioned, a small strap-on can be a good thing. She commented that isn’t able to take a lot otherwise she finds it very un-enjoyable. I mentioned to her that I was unable to find anyone with whom to test the strap-on, so I didn’t know what to do with the darn thing. Since it has been unused, she and her girlfriend - my other favorite lesbian in the world - expressed interest in taking it off my hands.

The dildo is fused to the base, which is bolted down and attached to the vinyl belts that you actually strap onto your body. The belts are highly adjustable. At the time in which I am writing this review, I am a size 16 and I had no problems securely and comfortably attaching it to my body. The belt has 10 already created belt holes. As you can see in the pictures, I am wearing denim and to keep the strap-on firmly in place, I used the second to last belt-hole. I have noticed fray on the belt, which is minimal but moderately noticeable.

Another reviewer on Eden Fantasys, expressed that the fit was a bit big for her. In her review she mentions that she generally wears a size 5 or 7. Based upon the fit she described and my personal experience, I think that this would work best for those who are in between sizes 10 and 16 in women’s, that is unless you don’t mind making your own holes in the belt for a better fit. I suggest wearing underwear of some type underneath the strap-on to reduce irritation to the wearer because the straps can add an unpleasant friction since straps are narrow and ride directly below the crotch.

The mask is simply made and is just black stiff material which I believe is nylon. Unfortunately, I couldn’t find any hard evidence to tell me exactly what it’s made of. It has a tight fitting elastic strap at the back. The mask is wide, but you will need to move it down quite a bit if you don’t want any light peeking in. The fit of the mask might be a bit too tight for some.

The pasties are black X’s that are joined together and stored in a little baggie. Four strips of double-sided non-reusable adhesive are included with them. I found that the X’s covered my areolas for the most part, even though mine are a tad large. I noticed only minimal traces of pink peeking out from beneath the tape. I suggest cutting the strips into halves to make it easier to put the tape on the pasties as it is incredibly sticky. If you have a hard time applying the pasty, try to make the axis of the X’s meet at your nipple. This will be easier if the tape happens to overlap after application.

When removing a pasty, firmly hold breast tissue to chest and gently pull away the pasty away from your body. If done slowly and gently, you should not feel any breast pain. While I find the cut of the pasties erotic, they are small and most likely prone to damage if not properly stored; it is best to store them in a place such a Ziploc bag which will likewise keep them free of dust. Remember to remove tape before storage. If you want more tape, you can use wig adhesive which is what many lovely ladies in burlesque to keep their nipples covered.

The packaging is one of the least discreet boxes I’ve ever seen. Sadly, I get a sick kick out of it. The box is covered in several over the top“I’m a plastic woman wearing a strap-on” shots. The model is bottle blonde with sticky lip-glossed lips, augmented breasts and false lashes. She’s quite the opposite of what I generally think of when in terms of strap-on owners.

Each part of this set comes carefully packaged in plastic which isn’t very sustainable if you like to keep your set stored in the original packaging. I’d suggest storing everything in Ziploc bags due to the nature of the items, but however you decide to store you toys is entirely up to you.


Sex toys - EdenFantasys adult toys store

9 comments:

  1. [...] Beginner’s Penetrix by Kisses and Kinks [...]

    [WORDPRESS HASHCASH] The comment's server IP (174.120.233.194) doesn't match the comment's URL host IP (174.120.233.220) and so is spam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. [...] [...]

    [WORDPRESS HASHCASH] The comment's server IP (184.172.185.14) doesn't match the comment's URL host IP (216.172.171.61) and so is spam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. [...] Beginner’s Penetrix by Kisses and Kinks [...]

    ReplyDelete
  4. [...] Beginner’s Penetrix by Kisses and Kinks [...]

    [WORDPRESS HASHCASH] The comment's server IP (50.22.80.4) doesn't match the comment's URL host IP (50.22.80.92) and so is spam.

    ReplyDelete
  5. [...] Beginner’s Penetrix by Kisses and Kinks [...]

    [WORDPRESS HASHCASH] The comment's server IP (174.120.29.226) doesn't match the comment's URL host IP (174.120.29.227) and so is spam.

    ReplyDelete
  6. [...] Beginner’s Penetrix by Kisses and Kinks [...]

    [WORDPRESS HASHCASH] The comment's server IP (208.236.9.45) doesn't match the comment's URL host IP (208.236.9.59) and so is spam.

    ReplyDelete
  7. [...] Corsette Harness by HotMoviesForHer Sex Toy CrewSmartballs Teneo Duo by RedBeginner’s Penetrix by Kisses and Kinks Previous post →Related Posts Kneeling At My Feet Little [...]

    ReplyDelete
  8. [...] Beginner’s Penetrix by Kisses and Kinks [...]

    [WORDPRESS HASHCASH] The comment's server IP (184.173.232.48) doesn't match the comment's URL host IP (216.172.163.236) and so is spam.

    ReplyDelete