Sunday, November 13, 2011

Babeland Bondage Tape Review

I’ve not always been interested in bondage on the receiving end. Actually, until recently, the very idea of being bound sent me into a terror. I liked the idea of bondage, but only if I was administering it. It felt too scary too give someone else power. Overtime, my feelings have somehow changed. I’ve been finding myself more and more interested in the idea of being bound – still on my terms, but now I’m alright with being on the receiving end.

I was interested in finding something that was easy to use, discreet looking, and not ridiculously large and hard to use like some bondage equipment. I don’t want rope burns and knowing my luck I’d end up fraying them, so rope was definitely out. So, that’s definitely attracted me to the Babeland Bondage Tape which I received from Babeland for free in exchange for an honest review. As always, I’m more than happy to work Babeland because they are so ridiculously pro-woman and I thank them for letting me review for them.



The product in itself is rather simple. It’s roll of non-adhesive tape that measures at about 60 feet long and just shy of 2 inches in width. Crazy, right? That’s more than enough tape to get kinky with. It’s really awesome because without adhesive, you don’t have to worry about hair getting caught and ripping out a clump or getting that nasty, tacky feeling you can get if you have anything sticky come in contact with something else. I love that there’s no yucky glue.

I’m sure you’re wondering how it works since it isn’t adhesive. Well, it actually sticks to itself. Babeland Bondage Tape is strong, durable, and can handle a lot of stretching without tearing. It can also be cut, tied, wrapped, and reused. How’s that for a bang for your buck? Some of the suggestions on Babeland’s site include a light-weight blindfold, making your own fetish clothing, and bondage. I only used it for the bondage aspect and I was thoroughly satisfied with my experience.

I tried some very ridiculous things with this tape, in part to see how effective it was and due to a comic, last minute situation – my Halloween costume. This year, I was dressed as a pregnant teenager after being inspired by trashy reality TV shows such as 16 and Pregnant and Teen Mom. My roommate, a fellow female dressed in drag as my white trash boyfriend who had gotten me knocked up. I walked around the entire night with a handle of booze in one hand and cigarettes in the other (or my cleavage). I found out that fake pregnancy bellies are AMAZING for hiding alcohol when you're trying to sneak some in a bar. True story.

I planned the concept of my costume weeks in advance, however, I put very little work into actually trying to throw together the costume until an hour before I was going to head out. It was then that I realized that I had not thought of any way to secure the pillow (my pregger’s belly) to my stomach. I looked at the recent shipment of goodies that I had gotten from Babeland to review and saw the Babeland Bondage Tape. I thought why not give it a shot and then asked my roommate to help roll the tape around me to keep “my fetus” in place. It did a pretty damn good job, but I ended up using the entire roll and spent the entire night waddling everywhere. Keep this in mind kinksters. If you have any persuasion towards a pregnancy fetish, you now have a way to create the illusion.



After I came back from my night out, I momentarily freaked out, afraid that I wouldn’t be able to reuse the tape, but to my surprise, it still works fine. Unfortunately by the end of the night, most of the tape started sticking to itself and was hard to get it to stop sticking to itself, but I did my best to get it unstuck. I then tested the tape strength via a little self-bondage.

[caption id="attachment_636" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="This is what it looks like if you roll the tape wrong or just by trying to bind a pillow to your body..."][/caption]

I worked on my ankles first and found the tape to be pretty sturdy and it seemed that I wouldn’t be able to wiggle my ankles free after binding them.

However, I wouldn’t be convinced until I wrapped the tape my knees. I have very strong, thick thighs, and if they couldn’t break free then I knew this stuff would be legit. I am happy to say that the bondage tape worked very well at keeping my legs bound.



My roommates had peeked in my room at this point and didn’t bat an eyelash at what I was doing because they expect this sort of thing from me. I decided to goof around after finding there was no way to easily free myself (unless I untied everything with my hands), and hopped out of my room to say hello to my roommates. I commented that I felt like a mermaid, hopped a few times and then went back to my room to free my legs. They were thoroughly amused. At the risk of sounding like a complete and utter moron, I thought it was actually pretty fun to hop around like that. It was incredibly difficult and hot since my legs were so close together. They joked around that they had better not find me around the house randomly hogtied and gagged because they’d be worried.



I made one of my roommates bound my hands for pictures and to see if I could slip my hands out of the tape. It was a fair deal since I had helped her get ready for her organization’s formal about 30 minutes previously. I was unable to slip my hands out, but I still had movement of my hands since I only asked to be bound at the wrists, and for a very short time at that.

I can say with great pleasure that the tape is durable and can take a beating. I was very pleased with my experience and I decided to re-roll that tape in case I have a chance to use it with a (play)/partner in the near future. If I give up on trying to unstick my tape from itself, I would definitely get this tape again.

11 comments:

  1. [...] Babeland Bondage Tape by Kisses and Kinks [...]

    [WORDPRESS HASHCASH] The comment's server IP (75.119.201.70) doesn't match the comment's URL host IP (69.163.143.150) and so is spam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. [...] Babeland Bondage Tape by Kisses and Kinks [...]

    [WORDPRESS HASHCASH] The comment's server IP (174.120.233.194) doesn't match the comment's URL host IP (174.120.233.220) and so is spam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. [...] [...]

    [WORDPRESS HASHCASH] The comment's server IP (184.172.185.14) doesn't match the comment's URL host IP (216.172.171.61) and so is spam.

    ReplyDelete
  4. [...] Babeland Bondage Tape by Kisses and Kinks [...]

    [WORDPRESS HASHCASH] The comment's server IP (50.22.80.4) doesn't match the comment's URL host IP (50.22.80.92) and so is spam.

    ReplyDelete
  5. [...] Babeland Bondage Tape by Kisses and Kinks [...]

    [WORDPRESS HASHCASH] The comment's server IP (174.120.29.226) doesn't match the comment's URL host IP (174.120.29.227) and so is spam.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are very sexy...Thanks for sharing...Kenan

    ReplyDelete
  7. [...] Babeland Bondage Tape by Kisses and Kinks [...]

    [WORDPRESS HASHCASH] The comment's server IP (208.236.9.45) doesn't match the comment's URL host IP (208.236.9.59) and so is spam.

    ReplyDelete
  8. [...] by Lucid ObsessionBDSM/FetishKinklab Neon Wand by BashfulBabePink Candy Jaguar Cuffs by Mistress KayBabeland Bondage Tape by Kisses and KinksAdult Books/GamesSo You Wanna Be a Sexy Bitch? by Mistress KayWomen In Lust by [...]

    ReplyDelete
  9. [...] Babeland Bondage Tape by Kisses and Kinks [...]

    [WORDPRESS HASHCASH] The comment's server IP (184.173.232.48) doesn't match the comment's URL host IP (216.172.163.236) and so is spam.

    ReplyDelete