Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Fukuoku 9000 Review

Upon first glance, the Fukuoku 9000 looks like a robotic device or an android appendage (which maybe it is), but flip the side switch of this right-hand oriented, watch-battery-operated device, and you’ll get strong buzzy vibes eking in from the device through your fingertips. This massager is phthlate free and comes with two watch batteries which operate the massager. I got this futuristic vibe from Babeland, a woman-friendly, sex-positive sex toy company.





The Fukuoku 9000 comes with three textured vibration sleeves and a carrying case which has a belt loop (don’t ask, I wouldn’t wear this in public either). Ironically, the carrying case holds the emblem “FuZuoku 9000” rather that than “Fukuoku 9000” which I can only blame on a manufacturer’s error.

[caption id="attachment_554" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Note the mysterious "Z" that's supposed to be a "K"?"][/caption]





At first, I wondered if this was a knock off of a more expensive brand before I noticed the discrepancy. However, I know that this is a legitimate copy of the merchandise . I assume that the typo might be attributed to the fact that this toy was made in China, so perhaps there was a translation error of some kind. I’m actually curious how many other people got merchandise from the reject stock, not that I’m complaining. I’m just amused by the typo.

The case is made of a man-made material which as far as I can tell is unidentifiable. It’s strong, flexible, well-stitched, and fastens shut with sewn-in Velcro. The previously mentioned belt loop is large enough to fit a standard-sized belt.



The Fukuoku 9000 is made of plastic. It has an expanding finger compartment where you are supposed to place your index finger inside (or any finger that has enough of a pressure point). I find that the finger compartment is best suited for women with small to medium sized fingers. For larger hands this massager may feel a bit pinchy. My hands are about average-sized (perhaps a bit small, I’ve been told that my fingers are rather skinny) for the American, white female and I felt that this was a teensy bit snug. I imagine that this fits perfect on someone with small or delicate hands.



One of the nice things about this toy is that there’s a slight divot in the plastic where the tip of your finger rests. I feel that this makes the toy more contoured to your hand to the point where it almost seems like it’s a part of it.



The battery compartment is located on the side opposite to the finger compartment. You can easily slide the top of the battery compartment off, although I sometimes have problems getting the top to line up right and go back on properly. The toy is watch battery operated and it’s rather difficult to get the batteries out once they’re in. I suggest removing your batteries after use to avoid draining the batteries especially since watch batteries die quickly, are expensive, and will continue to drain even when the toy is off.



The silicone sleeves come in three different textures: four horizontal lines, a target symbol, and a circle of dots. Out of all of them, my favorite is the four lines, and my least favorite is the circle of dots.



I noticed the most stimulation from the lines, especially when I dragged the lined sleeve sideways across my clitoris, as opposed to an up and down movement. The intensely disliked the dotted sleeve. It felt prickly and painful to my clit, and no, not prickly like having someone with facial hair down there, think vibrating dots of unbearable sensation. I’m not sure if I have an overly sensitive clit, but the sensation was horrible. I noticed almost no stimulation at all from the target-shaped sleeve. All I could feel was the buzzy vibrations.

There’s only one setting for the vibrations, two if you count off as a setting. While I love the design of the vibrator, I don’t like the vibrations. The Fukuoku 9000 is marketed as the first personal finger massager with 9000 vibrations per minute.

I’m not entirely sure how to classify the vibrations. They’re gentle, and pleasant at first, but the vibrations are just not right for me. Sure I can get off with this massager, but it’s not as deep or full as I’m accustomed to. Oh, yeah and it gives me numb clit.

If you want to use a lube with this massager, only use a water-based lube. Silicone and oil-based lubes are damaging to silicone.



To clean this toy, wash the silicone textured sleeves separately from the massager. I suggest using hot water and antibacterial soap or if you’d like, go ahead and run them through the dishwasher. To wash the plastic base, either spot clean the plastic with an antibacterial soap and hot water, or wipe down with a toy wipe. You do not want to submerge this massager since there is nothing to block the water from getting inside the internal battery casing.

Ironically, this personal massager was originally created for massaging and not masturbating. My personal opinion is that it’s slightly better for massaging than masturbating. Overall, I think this massager is okay, but it’s by no means my favorite. It’s very unlikely that it’s going to become a regular in my arsenal.



6 comments:

  1. [...] click here for the rest ... other posts by admin [...]

    ReplyDelete
  2. [...] Therapy Serenity by DIY OrgasmsSilicone Starlight by Teagan ShepardRoyal Inked by Mistress KayFukuoku 9000 by Kisses and KinksFukuoku 9000 by Naughty Snow WhiteZen Calm by SammiTouche Harlequin by Teagan [...]

    ReplyDelete