Monday, April 18, 2011

Climax Bursts Warming Lube Review

This was an impulse purchase. Honestly, I wish I had looked at reviews on this lube on EdenFantasys before purchasing this from another sex shop.

I picked this lube with all the best intentions. I was roadtripping almost two hours out of town for my friend’s birthday. We stopped at a sex shop that we are not strangers to.

My eyes fell upon a display of glass dildos from the icicles line, and saw that they were all on sale. I picked up icicles 12 and I couldn’t bring myself to put it back. At the check-out counter, I decided that lube would be a good idea, so I asked the guy about the warming lubricants they had. Warming lube and a glass dildo? Hell yeah it sounded too good to be true. Unfortunately, I found that it really doesn’t live up to my expectations.

Size: The lube comes in a 4 oz. bottle and is oil based. There are a bunch of little red ball things that are supposed to pop, presumably from rubbing up against them, and further adding to the warming sensation.

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="398" caption="Looks pretty, but it wants to prey on your vagina. Those balls are filled with Vitamin E, and pain."][/caption]

Use: There are dizzying amount of materials used in sex toys these days, so keep in mind that if you are using a personal lubricant to make sure that it is safe to use the lube with the product. Unfortunately, oil-based lubes are not highly compatible with most toy materials. They are safe with glass and metal are safe as a general rule. Oil-based lube is not good for any material derived from TPE or TPR. Occasionally, it is compatible with certain derivations of PVC, but it’s always best to check the compatibility before use. If you want a lube that’s compatible with most toys, water-based lubes are your best bet. Want to shoot the messenger? Well, sorry! Look at this uber comprehensive material guide on EdenFantasys.com and tell me otherwise.

Contrary to how it looks, I’ve actually used this quite a few times. I’ve been trying to give it a few trials before tossing it . One of the few good things about this is the nature of the bottle’s design. That nice pop-top prevents the uber-feared lube leakage, while also allowing for more controlled application. Due to the oil-base, you don’t need a lot. It’s very good at lubing you up so you can avoid that horrible chaffing feeling.

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="398" caption="Those little ball bits? Yeah, no matter how well you wash, you'll still find them leaving your body, days later..."][/caption]

I’ve read many reviews on this product, and found that most people said that they had a hard time getting the little balls to crush. To be honest, the first few times I used it, the lube didn’t warm up very much. My guess is that the balls didn’t crush the first few times. With continued use (I was determined to get my money’s worth), I figured out how to get the balls to crush, and let me just say that I am not a fan of the results.

I find that they do indeed warm up quite a bit if you continually stimulate the area it is administered to (ahem, your naughty bits) using circular motions. It might take a little bit, but the friction is what really gets the lube to warm up and the warming-agent balls to break down. Once you feel the heat, it burns like a bitch! This is the only warming lube I have ever used, and to be honest, I don’t want to use one again. I’m scared that my vulva will re-experience that horrible dull, burning feeling. It felt like I shoved spicy peppers up my vagina. Don’t get me wrong, I have a high tolerance for spice, but not in my vag!

It’s strange. I find that I don’t have the same burning sensation if I just put a toy in and not play around with the lube first. For this reason alone, I have not yet tossed it. I will be rid of it once I have a proper (or at least better) lube replacement.

I have no idea how this would react to a penis, but I’m under the impression that due to my experience, that this lube is not well-crafted for vaginas or butts for that matter. I shudder to think how horrible it would be to experience anal and that spicy pepper feeling up your ass at the same time. O_O.

I don’t suggest this lube to anyone, but if you’re stubborn and insist upon getting it anyway, you’ve been warned! It might be more suitable for a handjob, but I don’t have a readily available penis to test this out on, so this is merely an assumption of mine.

Ingredients: Here are the ingredients: Propylene glycol, Glyceryl polymethacrylate, PEG-8, Helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, Tocopheryl acetate, Retinyl palmitate, Agar, and Red 30. Honestly, I can't make heads or tails of most of these ingredients, but it's pretty apparent that it's not natural.

Texture: Outside the fact that it sometimes makes my vag burn, I find I also don’t like it because I despise the greasy texture. Blergh. Oil does not feel good in my vagina. If they could make lube that completely imitated natural lady lubrication, I’d use that. Yeah, we’re getting a little personal here, but I love my own texture. Unfortunately, sometimes my libido is ahead of my body’s ability to lube me up naturally. Also, don't put this in your mouths kiddos. I did on accident (hand to mouth fiasco) and it was horrible beyond horrible.

More Bad Mojo: Another not so pleasant fact about oil-based lube is that it will stain everything!! It will leave oil spots on your bedsheets and your clothing. It’ll look like you had fingers immersed with potato chip grease that you rubbed all over your nice things, making you in turn look like a slob.

All in all, I give this lube a 2/5. It could be worse. I didn't have an allergic reaction that forced me into the ER, but I hate the oily texture and that burning feeling that make me feel like I have a venereal disease. Owwie!
Sex toys - EdenFantasys adult toys store

6 comments:

  1. Liquid Silk is pretty good at mimicking natural lady lube. I luff it (but it contains parabens).



    And Sliqiud lubes are all amazing and body friendly...Sliquid Silk is excellent and is also very similar to your body's natural lubrication...and no parabens! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bedroom Blogger for the helpful information!



    I just looked up parabens, and oh dear that sounds dreadful. :/ I’ll have to look into Sliquid. Seriously, I’m looking for the closest thing to natural that I can get. Every lube I’ve ever tried just feels awkward.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Personlly; I love the Sliquid for feel but for me it tastes a little on the weird/bitter side so not all that fun if you like to taste and enjoy your work. Plus, what I love about it, is you can buy that little tiny travel size one for like 2bucks to try out before spending money on the bigger bottle.



    My go to lube is still the H20 Jo one with the yummy tastes. Literally uber long lasting and silky feeling. Use it at night, and still good to go in the morning!!!!



    Psst!!!! I am glad I am not the only one with these kinds of stoires!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, a second vote from a Squilid fan! And good to know about travel sizes!! :) I'm also very likely to try out H20 Jo too! This seems to be my version of Goldilocks. Just need to find the lub that works just right ;)

    And of course! I am a magnet for embarrassing stories and situations. My life is weird. Welcome to it. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. [...] click here for the rest!! Posted by: admin | Filed in: Sex Toys | Tags:Twisted Finger | No Comments | [...]

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a huge Sliquid fan, so I'm also sticking with that for now.

    ReplyDelete